Interesting profile, lots in common, great photos, and you fit the description of what they’re looking for – perfect! You reach out and get…crickets, nothing, notta. What? Why??
It’s far too easy to beat ourselves up and think, “They don’t like me .” That is nothing more than a guess about what is going on in someone else’s head or in their life at the moment. Here are 20 alternatives:
The are probably…
- Waiting until that one eyebrow grows back.
- Trying to come up with creative first date ideas that don’t set off their house-arrest monitor.
- Asking for guidance from a Ouija board on how to answer you.
- Teaching their parrot to sing Beyonce’s “Crazy in Love” before you meet.
- Too busy studying Bunko strategy.
- Attempting to break the 2008 World Record for most toilet seats broken by one’s head in one minute.
- At the dentist – for the first time.
- Looking for their 20 cats.
- Waiting for their mood ring to change color.
- Having an out of body experience and won’t be returning anytime soon.
- Waiting for Grandma to send that bail check.
- Obsessively plucking nose hairs.
- Trying to find their pet python that is somewhere in the house.
- Stuck on a round-about with no idea how to get off.
- Observing national “Do Not Go Out This Month” month.
- Confused because they thought they signed up for Peapod and are waiting for you to arrive with their groceries.
- Binge watching SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Hitting the campaign trail hard to become the next President of their book club.
- Decided just yesterday to live off the grid and are currently headed to Ittoqqortoormiit, Greenland.
- Reciting pi.
All kidding aside, it stinks to not hear back from someone. In the end, you’re the one that took the risk and reached out. Maybe you got out of your comfort zone and that makes it easier to reach out to someone new that can appreciate you.