We’ve all been there… stumped, frustrated, standing in front of our mirrors with a hate for everything our closets are trying to offer us. The pressure for things to be “perfect” is on from parents and roommates, but mostly from ourselves. You’re sick of Netflix and chilling as a party of one and really want this date to lead to more dates. Even a relationship, should the stars align.
While first date jitters can be good, we’d like to pass along five easy tips to calm and guide thyself as you decide what kind of impression you want to make.
- Wear something that is totally, completely you. This is not the time to go for that bold number that your friend convinced you to buy because it was on sale. Wear something that you love — a piece that says “I’m 100% confident and comfortable in my own skin.”
- Brush your hair. It’s so simple, but it can make such a huge difference. Grab your favorite brush, and put it to use. If curls or gel is too much, no big, just show that you “put a little care up there.”
- Have floss on hand. There is nothing worse than getting to the end of a night and realizing that something has been stowing away in your pearly whites for hours. Hit up that bathroom, and do some damage control.
- Pick one eye-catching accessory. This date does not need to be a fashion show, unless you truly dress to the nines daily. However, if you want to try without trying too hard, pick one accessory to highlight. Shoes is a great place to throw in a pop of color or style. Watches and jewelry easy areas to spruce as well. A fun nail color or lip color could even be right if this isn’t something totally out of your wheelhouse.
- Smile. If you’re feeling what the other person is putting out, respond by smiling! Not only is this embellishment free, but it shows your date that you’re enjoying your time together.
The greatest thing about all of the above is that if you don’t perfect your look the first time, you’ve got your personality to save the day, and let’s be real, that’s the most important thing anyway. Try Sweet Pea app today.