Seattle is such a special city. For those of you who live in the Pacific Northwest, we don’t really have to explain it to you. For those of you who don’t, let us paint a picture.
Every day, you wake up and breathe in rich, mountain air mingled with the salty breeze from the bay and lakes. Look out any window and you’ll catch a glimpse of the moody pine forests along the horizon. Seattle’s got seafood fit for kings, and cocktails made for kweens.
This may be the final part of our Summer Dates Series, however do not fret… you now have 45 epic dates to embark on.
- Go for a romantic hike up to Rattlesnake Ridge. If there’s ever a date to document, it’s this one… the views will give all of your friends major FOMO.
- Take a walk around Green Lake. End your time conversing at the Greenlake Alehouse over beers or grab a cocktail at Shelter.
- Explore Pike’s Place together. Pick up some fresh fish before you leave, then head back to one of your homes to cook a delicious dinner together.
- You’re a sports fan? Get tickets to the Mariners, Sounders, Seahawks, or Storm.
- Take your guy or gal for a stand-up paddle board adventure on Lake Washington. This is the perfect setting to get your cardio and conversation on.
- If you’re a Seattle local, for just $12, you can head to the top of Smith Tower to witness a beautiful sunset or sunrise. (Many will argue this view is better than the Space Needle’s.)
- If your love language is quality time, this suggestion is for you. Spend time wandering up and down aisles together at the Seattle Public Library. Not only is it beautiful, but offers lots of areas to sit and get lost in a good book.
- Pack a fun summer picnic and head to UPS Waterfall Garden Park. Who knew that a shipping company could create such a beautiful space to relax in?
- Satisfy your sweet tooth by picking up a delicious jam or custard filled doughnut from General Porpoise. Take our word for it and order the Rhubarb & Pluot Jam doughnut. They’re mmm mmm good.
- Get in touch with your botanical side at the Washington Park Arboretum. They offer a wide variety of gardens and an added bonus — it’s free from dawn until dusk!
- Call it gross or call it intimate… Pop a piece of your favorite chewing gum, and make your mark on infamous Gum Wall together.
- Grab drinks at Needle & Thread. We love that there’s no official drink menu at this hidden speakeasy. Just tell the bartender what kind of liquor you like, and they’ll take care of the rest.
- Double scoop it up at Molly Moon’s. Trust us when we say that this is ice cream heaven and that the salted caramel is all that matters.
- Visit one of Washington’s largest wineries, Chateau Ste. Michelle, and take a complimentary tasting tour. You read this correctly… DELICIOUS. FREE. WINE.
- Go hang out with the Fremont Troll. He may look a little scary, but we promise he’ll make a great third wheel. While you’re there pop down to the Fremont Market on the weekend.
Happy Summer, everyone. We’ll see you in Seattle.